Thursday 8 November 2012

Museum trip

Museum trip

On wednesday 17th of october 2012 P1 and K4 went on a trip to the museum to learn about the 28th Maori battalion. We are learing about the 28th Maori Battalion and W.W.2. I learnt that there were 300-1200 people in the maori battalion. When I was watching the movie, I felt like I was one of those people that lost their child at war. On the next anzac day, I will support by giving a donation and a minute of silence.
By Alex Harrison

On wednesday 17th october, P1 and K4 went to the museum to research about the 28th maori battalion. Our guide matua george showed us a slide show and did some activities with us. I learnt many new facts I didn't know before, one fact I learnt was that all in the maori battalion, were volunteers who were not forced by the government.It was a fun educational day and I'm glad I had the opportunity to go.
By Summer Milner

on wedensday 17th of october k4 and p1 went to the rotorua museum to leaen about world war 2 and the 28th maori battalion. i learnt that a battalion is a military unit of over 300 to 1200 soldiers. i learned that 3578 men fought as a maori battalion,640 did not come home and one out of 6 was killed.We watched a movie about what happened during the war from the surviving soldiers.The movie made me feel upset because the soldiers grandchildren would grow up without knowing their grandfather.
By Duane Farrel-Takimoana

No comments:

Post a Comment